Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Restoring and improving household food security and livelihoods in Sudan
Restoring and improving household food security and livelihoods in Darfur
To restore and improve the food security and livelihoods of vulnerable households in North, West and Central Darfur States.
State Ministry of Animal Resources in North Darfur, State Ministry of Agriculture in North Darfur, Kutum Agricultural Extension and Development Society, Charity Voluntary Veterinary Medical Association, Zakeya Centre for Woman and Child Development, Cooperazione Internazionale, University of Zalingei.
The livestock of 28 920 households received veterinary services; 8 210 households received tree seedlings; and the livestock of 1 922 households (about 100 000 animals) benefited from improved water access.
- Provided vaccinations and/or curative services to 306 100 animals belonging to 28 920 households.
- Provided 100 vulnerable female-headed returnee households with training in cheese-making and start-up kits to increase their family income.
- Rehabilitated two nurseries to produce 55 900 multipurpose fruit and forest tree seedlings, which were distributed to 8 210 IDPs, returnees and host community members.
- Trained 50 women in the production and use of fuel-efficient stoves as well as other alternative energy sources.
- The vaccination and treatment campaign reduced livestock morbidity and mortality rates, led to improved livestock productivity and increased household income.
- The 100 people trained as trainers will contribute to educating the communities of Zalingei and Qarsila and the surrounding rural area about nursery practices and environmental conservation.
- The 50 women trained in the production and use of fuel-efficient stoves produced 350 mud-type stoves.
- The project enhanced the social interaction between different ethnic groups which may lead to more peaceful relations.