Derniers projets saillants
- Nutrition Material development for Agriculture Workers in Ethiopia26/08/2015
- Strengthening institutional capacity for and improving intersectoral collaboration, coordination, and communication for effective prevention and control of rabies in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Strengthening wildlife farming biosecurity and management in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Assistance d’urgence pour la protection du bétail touché par la crise au Waziristan du Nord par l’approvisionnement en fournitures vétérinaires et fourrages primordiaux 18/08/2015
Sustained peace for development: conflict prevention and peace building in Sudan
Sustained peace for development: conflict prevention and peace building in Sudan – millennium development goal fund
To promote peaceful coexistence and to strengthen the delivery of peace dividends to communities living across the 1956 north-south border.
South Sudan Land Commission, state ministries, local government authorities, local leaders, UN agencies, international NGOs.
790 women, 1 350 men and 98 institutions trained in Warrap State and 90 villagers and 75 Government staff trained in South Kordofan.
- Developed a manual, held community sensitization meetings and conducted training on alternative dispute resolution.
- Set up a steering committee, project coordination committees and village development committees.
- Held intercommunity dialogue sessions on access to and use of natural resources and traditional conflict management, and carried out training on natural resource-based conflict management.
- Mapped out cattle routes to identify conflict flash points as well as locations for the provision of services, including veterinary services.
- The project helped to rejuvenate activities of the Council of Traditional Authority Leaders in conflict mitigation and community dialogue on natural resource use.
- The creation and training of village-level development committees in peace building and conflict prevention, natural resource management and record-keeping helped strengthen capacities and increase awareness of the local communities to organize themselves for better access to services and sharing of common resources.
- The participation of women and youth in the village development committees increased their ability to influence decision-making processes.
- The identification and demarcation of cattle routes helped to reduce tensions between farmers and pastoralists.