Derniers projets saillants
Regional support programme for the coordination, food insecurity and malnutrition risk management in Regional Africa
Regional support programme for the coordination, food insecurity and malnutrition risk management in West Africa
To strengthen the resilience of populations affected by malnutrition and food insecurity, and reduce the negative impact of food and nutrition crises in West Africa.
Food Security and Nutrition Working Group (FSNWG), Emergency Preparedness and Response Working Group (EPR WG), Disaster Risk Reduction Task Force (DRR TF), Nutrition Working Group (NWG), Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS) Food Crises Prevention and Management Network (PREGEC), Food Crisis Prevention Network (RPCA) and Technical Committee of the Cadre Harmonisé (TC CH).
Food and nutrition stakeholders intervening in West Africa and the Sahel.
- Participated in a total of five Inter-Agency Standing Commitee, nine FSNWG and nine NWG meetings.
- Released seven food security notes to analyse the food security situation in the region from a humanitarian perspective.
- Supported the development of the 2013 Inter-Agency Sahel Strategy.
- Participated in PREGEC and RPCA meetings to promote CH as a strategic tool to integrate food security and nutrition analysis to measure food insecurity levels in the region.
- Participated in joint CILSS, FEWS NET, FAO, WFP and government food crop assessment missions, as well as market and food security assessment missions.
- Conducted two rounds of CH implementation at the national level, attended two TC CH meetings, and reviewed and amended the CH technical manual.
- Participated in nine DDR TF meetings, DRR International Day and a regional DRR/resilience training workshop.
- Contributed to providing up-to-date contingency plans for each Mali+ Task Force country and coordinated the review of each plan by the respective FAO country office.
- Contributed to the facilitation of regional workshops on lessons learned and good practices for strengthening resilience in the Sahel, as well as on Inter-Agency Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning.
- Provided accurate and timely information on the importance of livelihood support before, during and after the 2012 food and nutrition crisis.
- Strengthened joint regional food security and nutrition situation analysis, and better identified humanitarian needs.
- FSNWG reached a consensus on the severity of the 2012 food security and nutrition crisis and its impact for 2013, which enabled a common and robust message to be shared with external actors.
- Contributed to the improvement of CH methodology.
- DRR/disaster risk management stakeholders had increased access to FAO DRR strategies.