Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Emergency Project
Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Emergency Project (AHICPEP) – Component A
To minimize the level of infection of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) viruses in Cambodia.
Department of Animal Health and Production (DAPH) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM).
Animal health officers at the central and village levels, as well as poultry sector stakeholders, the general population in Cambodia and neighbouring countries.
- Carried out field missions to support DAPH in finalizing animal health and production legislation.
- Developed extensive training tools for village animal health workers and DAPH offices.
- Provided technical and logistical expertise to the National Veterinary Research Institute and DAHP, in support of HPAI investigation and veterinary measures.
- Conducted a poultry value chain analysis for the Phnom Penh market.
- Developed an innovative approach across 15 villages through the implementation of the Healthy Livestock, Healthy Village, Better Life programme, in close collaboration with the World Bank.
- Carried out workshops with provincial DAPH chiefs, district veterinarians and NCDM on the review and implementation of AHICPEP and Healthy Livestock, Healthy Village, Better Life activities; HPAI awareness; and participatory data collection methods best suited for community/village level animal health interventions.
- Analysed the findings of knowledge, attitude and practice surveys conducted under the project to review the experiences and recommendations of communities that have been directly affected by HPAI.
- Strengthened the capacity of veterinary services, including private sector village animal health workers.
- Enhanced HPAI surveillance and response.
- Reduced risk and spread of HPAI outbreaks.