Derniers projets saillants
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Disaster risk management – root and tuber crops response intervention in Ethiopia
Disaster risk management – root and tuber crops response intervention in the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ Region
To improve household food and nutrition security in poor smallholder farming communities affected by two successive below-normal Belg rains.
Catholic Relief Services, Food for the Hungry, GOAL, International Medical Corp, ChildFund, Concern and World Vision Ethiopia.
14 245 households in five woredas.
- Held an inception workshop with 25 participants from the region, zone and woredas, including focal persons, finance officers, woreda extension heads and development agents, to familiarize partners with the project.
- Distributed a total of 10 million sweet potato cuttings and 750 000 cassava cuttings to 14 245 beneficiary households, more than 14 percent above the planned number of beneficiaries.
- Collected feedback from farmers and government extension officers on the quality of the planting material.
- Inception workshop enabled participants to discuss the project objectives, strategies, activities, targeting criteria and processes, roles and responsibilities of partners involved in project implementation and planting windows.
- Good performance of both crops helped drought-affected farmers improve their food security and also strengthened local seed systems.
- Experts and beneficiaries confirmed that the quality of the planting materials was significantly higher than what they had used in the past.