Derniers projets saillants
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
Improving agriculture sector disaster risk management coordination in Ethiopia
Improving agriculture sector disaster risk management coordination
To improve the management of agriculture and livelihoods-related disasters through enhanced leadership, better information dissemination, improved coordination, more timely and effective response, and strengthening the capacity of ATF members to perform effectively.
Disaster Risk Management Food Security Sector (DRMFSS), and all members of the ATF.
All members of the ATF at federal and regional levels.
- Organized regular ATF meetings and discussion fora on topics including weather forecasts, food price trends and agriculture sector response to the La Niña-related drought.
- Supported the newly launched regional ATFs.
- Trained over 300 government, UN and NGO staff in disaster and climate risk management in agriculture, and GIS and remote sensing.
- Supported the development of participatory drought cycle management road maps for smallholder farming and pastoral areas.
- Provided financial and technical support to DRMFSS to conduct the annual ATF conference in which more than 100 people participated.
- Initiated training on the Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards for five universities.
- Stronger ATF-led agriculture sector coordination mechanisms in place at the federal and regional levels.
- Improved impact of members’ humanitarian and early recovery assistance on La Niña affected households.
- Enabled more participatory, better informed and timely decision-making to meet agriculture sector needs and gaps.
- Facilitated information sharing among ATF members on activities, early warning, and other relevant data.
- Improved early warning system for natural disasters and food security through period review of the system to ensure agriculture and livestock sector needs are captured.
- Seasonal assessments provided a detailed analysis of agriculture and livestock sector requirements.