- FAO in the 2015 Humanitarian Appeals - Mid-year update22/06/2015
- FAO’s role in the Mozambique Floods Response and Recovery Proposal 2015 19/02/2015
- FAO’s role in the Preliminary Response Plan for Malawi (January 2015) 03/02/2015
- Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak in West Africa - FAO’s Regional Response 01/10/2014
- FAO’s role in the 2014 Gaza Crisis Appeal (September) 23/09/2014
FAO’s role in the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan
- On 8 November, Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) hit the Philippines.
- With wind speeds of 235 km/h and storm surges up to 6 m high, the typhoon is one of the most powerful ever recorded.
- 673 000 people are displaced and thousands are dead or missing.
- Homes and vital infrastructure have been destroyed.
- An estimated 11.3 million people are affected - over 10 percent of the country’s population.
- Under the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan, USD 301 million is urgently sought to help affected people over the next six months.