- Kenya Flash Appeal 2017 23/02/2017
- FAO in the 2017 Humanitarian Appeals19/12/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Humanitarian Appeals19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Sahel humanitarian appeal 19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 humanitarian appeal for the Central African Republic 19/01/2016
Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Strategic Response Plan
08 November. Category 5 Typhoon Haiyan (locally called Yolanda) struck the Philippines, affecting nine regions across central parts of the country and causing widespread devastation, massive displacement, loss of life and severe damage to the agriculture and fisheries sector.
12 November. The flash appeal was launched to support Government efforts to immediately assist millions in need.
16 December. The Typhoon Haiyan Strategic Response Plan was issued to complement the Government’s assistance to the affected population to recover, build back better and become more resilient. FAO is coordinating closely with the Government in its formulation of the Yolanda Recovery and Rehabilitation Plan, incorporating national and interagency assessments.
Typhoon Yolanda Strategic Response Plan
- Meet immediate food needs, and build food security. Attain protective and sustainable shelter solutions.
- Attain protective and sustainable shelter solutions.
- Regain self-sufficiency, primarily with the restoration of local economies, agriculture and fisheries.
- Prevent increases in mortality and morbidity and outbreak of communicable diseases.
- Restore access to community and local government services.