- Kenya Flash Appeal 2017 23/02/2017
- FAO in the 2017 Humanitarian Appeals19/12/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Humanitarian Appeals19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Sahel humanitarian appeal 19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 humanitarian appeal for the Central African Republic 19/01/2016
100 Day Plan for Priority Humanitarian Action in the Central African Republic
2013. The situation in the Central African Republic has moved from a protracted crisis into an acute and complex emergency. Widespread insecurity and conflict have severely and negatively impacted food security and caused a reduction in 2013 crop production: standing crops, stored seeds and productive assets have been lost, leaving the population unable to resume food production.
05 December: The situation deteriorated even more dramatically with the attack on Bangui and the massive violence and displacement that followed.
11 December: UN agencies agreed to take all necessary steps to enhance the response to the crisis in CAR by scaling up their capacities to immediately assist millions in need.
16 December: The 2014 Strategic Response Plan (SRP) for CAR was launched in Geneva. It comprises a common humanitarian action plan to respond to the urgent needs of conflict-affected people.
24 December: The “100 Day Plan” was launched. It supplements the SRP with a more specific and operational plan, including priority actions to be undertaken from December 2013 to March 2014.
100 DAY PLAN
Food security cluster objectives:
- Meet emergency food requirement of displaced populations,
- Re-engage communities in productive livelihoods and the peace-building process.