- FAO’s development programme is designed to respond to the priorities of the Government of Kenya as outlined in the Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS) 2010-2020 and Vision 2030. Through the sharing of knowledge and best practices, we aim to strengthen the capacity of the Government and other partners. We are ...leer más
- « Ainsi, toujours poussés vers de nouveaux rivages, Dans la nuit éternelle emportés sans retour, Ne pourrons-nous jamais sur l’océan des âges Jeter l’ancre un seul jour ? L’homme n’a point de port, le temps n’a point de rive Il coule, et nous passons»
Ainsi déplorait langoureusement Alphonse de LAMARTINE (1790-1869), ...leer más
- As the previous ones, the present edition features the most recent developments and trends in the field of agriculture. One of the key themes of this bulletin is food safety, which is one of the necessary conditions of the conventionally acknowledged basic human rights – protection of the human health ...leer más
- Following the long rains, some areas of concern have emerged with regard to the food security outlook in Kenya. A poor rainy season in some areas has resulted in poor crop performance (southeastern and coastal areas) and severely impacted pasture performance (northwestern and northeastern pastoral areas). In addition, post-harvest losses ...leer más
- This month FAO marked World Food Day, an important day set aside each year to reflect on food security issues and ways FAO and its development partners worldwide can work together to eliminate hunger and poverty. This year’s events across the globe focused on agricultural cooperatives as a vital way ...leer más
- It is now the staple crop (millet and sorghum) growing season in Sudan, and the above-average rains so far have raised hopes of a successful harvest. The Federal Ministry of Agriculture has estimated an increase of 20 to 25 percent in land under cultivation compared to 2011.
However, some areas that ...leer más