- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
AAP Fact Sheet Committment 4: Commitment Participation and Representation
Participation provides the basis for dialogue with people affected by a crisis on what is needed and how it might best be provided. It can help to improve the appropriateness of the humanitarian response by, for example, identifying priority needs, and by ensuring that local capacities are taken into account.
In addition, participation can be seen as a transformational intervention in the provision of aid, with a longer term aim to develop the capacity of both communities and aid providers to close protection gaps and build resilience against future emergencies.