- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
- Paz y seguridad alimentaria - Invertir en resiliencia para sostener los medios de vida rurales en situaciones de conflicto30/03/2016
AAP Fact Sheet Committment 5: Design Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
AAP insists that affected populations are involved in designing, monitoring and evaluating the projects and indicators intended to meet their needs. The views of affected populations on outcomes must be considered and interventions adjusting accordingly. Affected communities consistently report being insufficiently consulted on assistance and perplexed by a system that ignores their expertise on their own lives.
A range of approaches might be employed depending on the circumstances and the communities, from straight consultation to representatives actively participating and assisting in the conduct of needs assessments and evaluations. Monitoring and evaluation activities should regularly consider performance against accountability commitments. This requires indicators and expectations being clearly outlined from the outset.