- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
Haiti Emergency and Rehabilitation Response - Executive Brief
FAO’s immediate earthquake response in Haiti concentrated on support to 1) the affected population in rural areas to resume their livelihoods, 2) the integration and resettlement of the displaced population and 3) emergency food security interventions (particularly input distribution during the spring and summer planting seasons), food security assessments, coordination of agriculture interventions and national food security data management.
The earthquake was an unprecedented urban tragedy with a massive national impact; the destruction of the capital, the massive displacement, the disruption of the economic fabric and infrastructure affected seriously also the rural areas.
Haiti is now facing three emergencies simultaneously in addition to the earthquake and recent cholera outbreak, since 5 November the country has also been hit by Hurricane Tomas, the twelfth hurricane of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season. While the impact of the hurricane was less severe than foreseen, it nonetheless hit Haiti with torrential rains and wind as strong as 130 km/h. Centre, Northwest, North and Nippes departments experienced severe losses in the agriculture sector. A thorough assessment of the impact of cholera on Haiti’s agriculture will be issued by CNSA by the end of January.