- Programa de fortalecimiento de la resiliencia en el Corredor Seco Centroamericano21/09/2015
- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
Food Security & Nutrition Working Group Update, Central & Eastern Africa - June 2010
Aflatoxin Alert in Eastern Province, Kenya
According to the results of a recent survey carried out by the Government of Kenya Ministry of Agriculture approximately 78% of the current stocks of maize held by farmers in Eastern Province ( 3 million bags of maize of 90kg each ) are suspected to be contaminated with aflatoxin. The remaining 22% is considered to be of good quality and safe for human consumption. In upper Eastern, 15% of the stocks are of good quality, while 85% are considered contaminated. In lower Eastern, 40% of the stocks are of good quality, while 60% are considered contaminated. About 2 340 000 bags of maize need to be purchased from farmers by the government.