- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- Metodología y buena gestión de emergencias: elementos fundamentales07/02/2012
Food Security & Nutrition Working Group Update, Central & Eastern Africa - March 2010
Humanitarian Emergency declared in Northern Burundi
Humanitarian emergency (Phase 4 according to the food security Integrated Phase Classification - IPC) is declared in Bugabira and Busoni Provinces and parts of Kirundo Commune Northern Burundi. According to a joint mission (Gov, UN, NGOs) carried out on 16-18 February 2010, it is estimated that 35 710 households (i.e. about 178 550 people) are in humanitarian emergency and another 15 000 households (i.e. 75 000 people) are in acute food and livelihood crisis (Phase 3) in the same region. Communities in these areas had suffered from food production deficits in the last 10 years due to repeated dry spells, lack of seeds and cuts, high population density and soil degradation. Food security was further threatened by the drought that has prevailed from October 2009 to January 2010 and rising food prices. As a consequence, the first season of 2010 has resulted in total crop failure. The failed harvest of January to February 2010 was expected to provide food through June.