- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Programming for secure livelihoods amid uncertainty
Trends and directions in livelihoods, nutrition and food security in Darfur
This report examines trends and directions in livelihoods, nutrition and food security across Darfur since 2005. It provides an analysis for agencies and government that can support programming which responds more effectively to the emerging development context. The report uses data from secondary sources, both those available in Sudan and internationally. Primary data collection was planned for 2011, but could not be carried out due to factors beyond our control. Instead, the authors consulted closely with agency staff, academics and development practitioners on the use and interpretation of secondary data and employed the services of two Sudanese consultants – in Khartoum and Darfur – to provide additional material and support the wider analysis.