- Programa de fortalecimiento de la resiliencia en el Corredor Seco Centroamericano21/09/2015
- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
Sudan Seasonal Monitor - November 2007
The rainfall season of 2007 is coming to an end; at this stage only Southern Sudan regions and the Eastern coastal regions of Red Sea are able to enjoy some rainfall. The period of mid-October to early November was markedly dry across most of Sudan, though with South Kordofan still enjoying some late rains. In Southern Sudan, dry conditions prevailed in a belt extending from North Bahr-el-Ghazal through Lakes into Central Equatoria. Seasonal vegetation development indicators summarise the diagnostics presented in this Bulletin throughout the season – maximum development was well above the average in particular across the semi-arid regions of Sudan (Darfur to Kassala and in East Equatoria). A detailed examination of particular land cover units (pasture and agricultural domains) confirms a situation of earlier starts of the growing season (in places by as much as one month) and consistently above average vegetation levels. This is particularly more evident in the more marginal semi-arid regions, where levels reached this season are likely to be one of the highest in the recent record.