- Programa de fortalecimiento de la resiliencia en el Corredor Seco Centroamericano21/09/2015
- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - January 2012
Elevated risk of food and nutrition insecurity in large areas of the Sahel
In Niger, the preliminary estimated results of the ‘rural and ur-ban household food insecurity and vulnerability’ survey were published January 13. The results show that, as of December 2011, over 5.4m persons (34,9 % of the population) were food insecure, of which 1.3m were severely food insecure. The child malnutrition rate is above the warning threshold in Niger. For instance, in the Western drought-affected region of Tillabéry, the global acute malnutrition rate is over 13% according to the preliminary results of the October 2011 nutrition survey, ap-proaching the 15% emergency threshold.