- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
- Paz y seguridad alimentaria - Invertir en resiliencia para sostener los medios de vida rurales en situaciones de conflicto30/03/2016
Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - November 2011
Millions of people at risk of food insecurity in the Sahel
The regional meeting on the agriculture and food security outlook in West Africa and the Sahel (PREGEC), held in Cotonou (from 24 to 26 November), assessed the 2011 agropastoral season as follows: the 2011/2012 crop production in West Africa and the Sahel is estimated at 55,451,000 tons. This production increased by 4% compared to the 5-yearaverage and decreased by 8% compared to last year. For CILSS member countries , cereal production is estimated at 16,613,000 tons—a level comparable to the 5-year–average but 25% below the 2010 production.