- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
- Paz y seguridad alimentaria - Invertir en resiliencia para sostener los medios de vida rurales en situaciones de conflicto30/03/2016
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
2012 Strategic Document, Version 2: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
The “Response Plan for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel”, is an updated version of the strategy on “Preparedness for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel and affected neighbouring Countries”, just recently launched in Dakar on 15 December 2011.
The updated version emphasizes the needs and the response. It takes into account the most recent food security and nutrition assessments conducted in the Sahel and neighboring countries.
It provides detailed data on needs by country, for a total of US$ 725 million, including $ 481 million for food security activities and $ 243.6 million for nutrition projects.
As examples, more than US$ 76.7 million will be needed throughout the Sahel to support activities in the field of agriculture, cattle breeding and livelihoods, including $ 75,4 million for FAO’s response.
It also gives an overview of humanitarian actors presence and activities in the different Sahelian countries.