- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
27th Meeting of the Food Crises Prevention Network (FCPN) on the agricultural situation and the food prospects in the Sahel and in West Africa
Final Communique: Necessary appropriate responses in order to face the threats of localized food and nutritional crises in the Sahel
Subsequent to the 27th meeting of the food crises prevention network in the Sahel and in West Africa, held in Praia, Cape Verde from 8 to 10 December 2011, the regional food security monitoring system addresses the message below to the stakeholders.
Owing to the rainfall and water shortfall recorded, provisional cereal production for the 2011-2012 growing season in the Sahel and in West Africa is levelled at 55.4 million tonnes. Within the context of a population increase, this production has risen by 4% when compared to the average of the past five (5) years and has dropped by 8% relative to last year’s production. With a total production of 16.6 million tonnes of cereals reflecting a drop by 2% when compared to the average of the past five years, this production has dropped 25 % when compared to last year. Chad and Mauritania register an important decrease respectively by 50% and by 52% compared to 2011/2012, and 23% and 38% relative to the five year average. Pockets of poor agro-pastoral and fishing conditions are reported throughout the Sahelian band of Chad, agro-pastoral zone of Mauritania, North of the regions of Kayes and Koulikoro and Niger river Delta in Mali, North, Centre North and East of Burkina Faso, regions of Niamey, Tillabéry, South-East of Zinder in Niger and certain localized zones of Senegal and the Gambia.