- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security
The proposal to develop a Response Analysis Framework for food security in emergencies was grounded in the understanding that whilst situation analysis of food security has improved in recent years (through initiatives such as World Food Programme’s (WFP) Strengthening Emergency Needs Assessment Capacity (SENAC) project and the Integrated Phase Classification (IPC)), this has not been systematically translated into more appropriate and justified responses to food security problems.
It was in this context that FAO designed a project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security emergencies”. This ECHO funded project had three outputs, the third of which was: “Global understanding of response options analysis improved”. The set of discussion papers contained in the current document, together with the two annexes, responds to this output.