- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- Metodología y buena gestión de emergencias: elementos fundamentales07/02/2012
A Response Analysis Framework for Food and Nutrition Security Interventions at District Level
Despite considerable investment over the years by government and nongovernment actors, and despite a generally adequate availability of food on local markets, NTT remains one of the most food-insecure Provinces in Indonesia. Why does chronic and acute food insecurity and malnutrition persist at such high levels in the Province?
In order to shed light on this question, an assessment of the food and nutrition security situation was jointly conducted by FAO, UNICEF, WFP, SEAMEO-TROPMED and the Government of Indonesia in 2009 in seven focus districts of NTT Province.
The findings confirmed the fact that generally speaking, physical availability of food on markets is not the main food security problem in NTT, rather it is access to sufficient and balanced food intake at the household level due to income and food production deficits. The survey also highlighted the fact that incomplete knowledge of the causes of food insecurity and nutrition in NTT is only part of the problem.
A two person Food and Nutrition Security Support Unit (FNSSU) was established in Kupang to facilitate the implementaiton of the Response Analysis Framework (RAF) approach. This Guide is the outcome of a nine month period (June 2010 – February 2011) of development and field testing of the approach in several districts in NTT province.