- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 15 December 2011
The crisis is not over – although the number of people facing famine has fallen to 250 000 in Somalia, the impact of the drought and severe food emergency will extend well into 2012 across the Horn of Africa. There are some signs of hope – good ongoing short rains and coordinated, integrated humanitarian assistance are producing positive effects: pastures are growing, water sources are being refilled, etc. The solution to this crisis depends on long-term actions – FAO’s activities throughout the crisis and into 2012 have and will continue to focus on building resilience, coordination and linking relief with development.