- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- Metodología y buena gestión de emergencias: elementos fundamentales07/02/2012
Georgia Fact Sheet - June 2009
The Food and Agricultural Organizations of the United Nations (FAO) responded rapidly to the August 2008 conflict, working with the Government of Georgia and international partners to conduct a comprehensive agricultural sector needs assessment and appeal for emergency agricultural support through the UN Consolidated Appeal Process.
In response to the Georgia Crisis Flash Appeal Launched in August, the USAID contributed USD 112 714 (OSRO/GEO/801/USA) to fund agriculture sector assessment mission. Based on the findings of this assessment an Agricultural‐based Livelihoods and Rehabilitation Programme Formulation Mission report was produced. The USAID provided a USD 5.5 million (OSRO/GEO/802/USA) grant to the FAO for the emergency supply of animal feed in conflict affected areas of Shida Kartli, and in order establish an Emergency Rehabilitation Coordination Unit in Georgia.
To support the resumption of vegetable production, which was disrupted due to the loss of farming assets, damage to the 2008 summer harvest, and insufficient cash flow, the Government of Italy allocated EUR 800,000 (OSRO/GEO/803/ITA) for emergency assistance to small‐scale farmers for crop production in conflict affected Areas Adjacent to South Ossetia (AASO).