- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
FAO Emergency and Rehabilitation Programme in Myanmar
Cyclone Nargis caused more destruction and human suffering than any natural disaster in Myanmar’s history. Over 2.4 million people were affected, nearly 140 000 died and 33 754 suffered severe injury. The vast majority of displaced persons (0.8 million) lost all of their possessions, including the productive assets they need to regain their livelihoods, generate income and, foremost, to recover. Early recovery support is urgently needed to assist agriculturedependent families, who risk falling into permanent destitution and food insecurity if food production is not restored in time.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is appealing for USD 129.3 million within the framework of the Post-Nargis Recovery and Preparedness Plan (PONREPP), launched on 9 February 2009. FAO’s three year strategy for the agriculture sector comprises of 21 project proposals for funding consideration that address the extensive and most urgent needs in the crops, livestock, forestry, fisheries and aquaculture subsectors. To date, the funding of agricultural activities has met only a small portion of vital needs on the ground. FAO proposed projects follow for your consideration.