- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
FAO-WFP Joint Roadmap on Disaster Risk Reduction/Management (DRR/M) in West Africa and the Sahel
FAO - WFP Road map for West Africa and the Sahel
Every year, countries of West Africa and Sahel are adversely affected by natural disasters, as well as transboundary animal diseases, soaring food prices, political instability and civil conflicts. These events result in losses of life, assets and livelihoods, consequently weakening the food and nutrition security of the populations. Given the increasing frequency and complexity of such crises, a holistic approach is needed. FAO and WFP decided to join their efforts in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management approaches to reduce vulnerabilities to disaster risk in this region.
A strategic framework to strengthen Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRR/DRM)
With repeated threats and crises affecting the food security of the population in West Africa and the Sahel, FAO and WFP have committed to unite their efforts in order to reduce the vulnerability to risk in the region. FAO and WFP are committed to building resilience through the organization of Disaster Risk Reduction trainings, enhanced coordination in the field and the implementation of joint projects.
Under this joint initiative for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, four pilot countries in the subregion have been selected to participate in the development and implementation of joint roadmaps: Burkina Faso, the Niger, Senegal and Chad.
Read more on the FAO-WFP Roadmap in Burkina Faso