- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- Metodología y buena gestión de emergencias: elementos fundamentales07/02/2012
FAO Sub-regional Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Office for West Africa/Sahel: Presentation of Activities, May 2010
Basing its approach in disaster risk management, FAO aims to reduce countries' vulnerability to crises, threats and emergencies through better preparation and integration of risk prevention and mitigation into policies, programmes and interventions. FAO also supports countries and partners to respond more effectively to crises and emergencies through interventions focused on food and agriculture. Finally, FAO provides assistance to countries and partners so that they can foster the transition and linkages between relief, rehabilitation and development.
In order to support the FAO Representations in the sub-region, Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Coordination Units (ERCUs) have been established in those countries where emergency response and recovery interventions are needed. The FAO’s Sub-Regional Office for Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation in West Africa/Sahel has been created to coordinate emergency interventions in the sub-region with other regional humanitarian actors.