- Programa de fortalecimiento de la resiliencia en el Corredor Seco Centroamericano21/09/2015
- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
Displaced but not passive: the story of Mr Abubaker Yahya
For several decades, Darfur has been the scene of disputes and competition between predominantly nomadic pastoralists and settled farming communities over land and dwindling natural resources. In 2003, the conflict escalated from small-scale disputes into a severe humanitarian crisis.
One night in September 2003, militias attacked Ardemi village in West Darfur, causing widespread destruction and death. Mr Abubaker Yahya was at home asleep with his family when the militias struck. Together with his family and surviving neighbours, he fled to nearby Agora village, which was larger and more secure. All of their livestock (donkeys, goats and sheep) were looted and they had with them only the personal belongings that they could carry.