- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
Good Practices for Hazard Risk Management in Agriculture Summary Report Jamaica
The vulnerability of the Caribbean region to hydro- meteorological hazards such as hurricanes, floods, drought, high magnitude rainfall and related hazards such landslides is underscored. The recurrent impacts of these events have wreaked havoc on environment, economy and society throughout the region. Over the past decade, the FAO has regular responded to the relief/rehabilitation/reconstruction needs of the sector in the aftermath of hurricane-related disasters. While such response and rehabilitation interventions are important, the extent of devastation caused to the agricultural sector by the 2004-2005 hurricane seasons stresses the need to move from a reactive to a proactive mode in order to facilitate more long term and sustainable benefits form interventions. It is in recognition of the immense negative impact of the 2004 hurricane season on the agricultural landscape of the Caribbean region and in response to the urgent call for assistant from regional policy makers, that the Food and Agricultural Organization funded the regional project Assistance to improve local agricultural emergency preparedness in Caribbean countries highly prone to hydro-meteorological hazards/disasters.