- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
FAO Zimbabwe Factsheet
FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy. The activities of the FAO Zimbabwe are performed by the Regular Programme and by the Emergency Rehabilitation & Coordination Unit (ERCU).
The Regular Programme focuses on development while the ERCU deals with emergency and relief work. The two entities work hand-in-hand to provide a range of technical services and assistance to the Government of Zimbabwe, humanitarian institutions, smallholder farmers and other stakeholders with the ultimate objective of improving agriculture in the country. The emphasis of the humanitarian support is on smallholder households whose livelihoods are based on agriculture (mainly cropping and livestock).