- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Managing cassava virus diseases in Africa: The Regional Cassava Initiative
Cultivated mainly on marginal lands by small-scale farmers, cassava is an inexpensive and essential part of the diet of vulnerable communities across Africa. Millions of people depend on the crop.
Two virus diseases are now threatening the cassava production in East and Central Africa. With funding from the European Union, the Regional Cassava Initiative was rolled out to support smallholders and to prevent further spread of the diseases. Over 100,000 households benefited from the project, strengthening the livelihoods of 500,000 people.