- Corredor Seco - Informe de situación Junio 201629/06/2016
- Evaluaciones de la seguridad de semillas17/06/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods17/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
Typhoon Haiyan - Map of FAO rice seed distribution
On the 8th November 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) devastated the central Philippines killing more than 6,000 people, affecting another 14 million, and causing damage to an estimated 600 000 ha of farmland.
FAO is supporting almost 44 000 affected households with quality, certified rice seed following the devastation that Typhoon Haiyan left in its wake. This map illustrates FAO's rice intervention by municipility.