- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- La prevención salva vidas preserva los medios de vida ahorra dinero22/05/2012
Urgent action to support the resilience of vulnerable populations - Version 2 April 2012
In October/November 2011, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) issued an alert in response to the food and nutrition crisis emerging in the Sahel. FAO, in support of national governments, and in collaboration with other humanitarian agencies operating in West Africa and the Sahel, has prepared a strategic response framework entitled, “The food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel: urgent action to support the resilience of vulnerable populations.” The programme includes a regional component, as well as national interventions in Burkina Faso, the Gambia, Mali, Mauritania, the Niger, Chad and Senegal.
To effectively protect vulnerable livelihoods and improve food and nutrition security, reducing the negative impacts of the crisis on the food production and marketing chain is critical. Conditions that will support rehabilitation and restore self-reliance must be established. In addition, securing the availability, access and consumption of nutritious food, while strengthening community and individual resilience focused on women, as they play a crucial role at all levels of varying food systems, is also imperative.
The overall objective of FAO’s proposed programme is to improve the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in the Sahel.