- Análisis de Sistemas de Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres - Una Guía02/03/2015
- La Resiliencia de los medios de vida: Reducción del riesgo de desastres para la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional - Edición 201312/07/2013
- Normas y directrices para intervenciones ganaderas en emergencies (LEGS)04/06/2013
- Boletín informativo n.0125/03/2013
- Metodología y buena gestión de emergencias: elementos fundamentales07/02/2012
South Sudan - Executive brief 3 March 2014
Tags: SOUTH SUDAN, EASTERN AFRICA, SOUTH SUDAN CRISIS, HUMANITARIAN CRISIS, LIVELIHOODS, FOOD SECURITY CLUSTER, LIVESTOCK, MALNUTRITION, DISPLACEMENT, CONFLICT, FOOD CRISIS, LIVESTOCK, ANIMAL DISEASE,
- At the end of February, new fighting was reported in Malakal town, Upper Nile State, raising concern about further displacement and the conditions of populations in and around the town.
- January is usually when cattle keepers begin migrating in search of water and pastures, following designated routes. However, the violence has forced livestock owners to follow non‐traditional routes to avoid frontlines and ensure their safety and that of their animals. This is increasing the risk of disease outbreaks as vaccinated and unvaccinated herds come in contact, as well as of resource‐based conflicts between pastoralists and crop farmers and among pastoralists.
- The next IPC analysis will be carried out in March and is expected to reveal a similar picture of food insecurity in South Sudan. Further deterioration of the situation is likely once the dry season starts around November. Actions taken NOW to facilitate planting and food production in the coming months will be extremely critical.