- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crop planting assessment in Aweil East and South - South Sudan25/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
Growing vegetables near the desert - Mali
Thanks to vegetable production promoted by FAO, food availability at household level has increased in Mali, resulting in a sudden improvement in nutrition levels. Households, left vulnerable by the crises from 2010 to 2012, are now more resilient to deal with the likely impacts of these crises.
5 000 households:
- diversified their diets and increased their incomes by engaging in vegetable production; and
- increased their capacity to improve production and to cope with agropastoral crises in 2011.
Vegetable production has greatly contributed to reducing vulnerability among beneficiaries (in the fight against malnutrition and in poverty reduction).