- Hurricane Matthew's devastating damages in Haiti27/10/2016
- Harvest at the community garden in South Sudan24/10/2016
- Vertical gardens in Lebanon25/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: supporting IDPs and host families engage in vegetable production21/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
Elas rehabilitation - Ethiopia
In Ethiopia FAO works to help the Borans to rehabilitate their wells, called Elas. They are specially prepared hand dug wells where livestock move into the well with a trench (cattle path) to water troughs half way deep in the wells.
The system needs improvement measures including enlargement of the trench, reduce slope of cattle path, widening cattle trough area and reducing seepage losses from collection chamber and cattle trough.