- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Seeds fair in Morobo - South Sudan
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April.
There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 000 Euro grant from the French government. In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.