- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- End of ground control operations for 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar24/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
Fishing for peace - Burundi
In Burundi, FAO is supporting returnee, displaced and ex-combatant groups on Lake Tanganyika though a UN Peace Building Support Office supported project aiming to consolidate peace and build sustainable livelihoods for conflict affected people.
More than 490 people in 5 beneficiary associations in the North West of Burundi are benefitting from support with their fisheries and para-agricultural income generating activities.