- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Seed4change campaign in the Central African Republic06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
Conservation agriculture - Zambia
From 2009 to 2012, FAO Zambia has been working with close to 600 extension staff from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to promote conservation agriculture to small-scale farming households, thanks to funding from the European Union Food Facility (EUFF).
Extension workers and farmers have learned about and applied the three aspects of conservation agriculture – minimal soil disturbance, maintenance of soil coverage and crop rotation – which has led to increased yields and improvements in soil structure, and significant reductions in soil erosion.