- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Conservation agriculture - Zambia
From 2009 to 2012, FAO Zambia has been working with close to 600 extension staff from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock to promote conservation agriculture to small-scale farming households, thanks to funding from the European Union Food Facility (EUFF).
Extension workers and farmers have learned about and applied the three aspects of conservation agriculture – minimal soil disturbance, maintenance of soil coverage and crop rotation – which has led to increased yields and improvements in soil structure, and significant reductions in soil erosion.