- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Seed4change campaign in the Central African Republic06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
Answer to la Niña in Colombia
The winter emergency that occurred in Colombia during 2010, was the worst occurred in the last 60 years. The “Niña” climate phenomenon heavily altered the country’s climate patterns which caused constant rains from April 2010 to June 2011.
Financed by Colombia Humanitaria, The United Nations System in Colombia, developed a joint program with different agencies and local authorities of 8 municipalities in Chocó, Cauca and Nariño, that provided temporary accommodation, health services, water, basic sanitation, food and nutrition security, education in emergency situations and recovery of livelihoods support, to the most affected communities.