- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- End of ground control operations for 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar24/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
Livestock in West Bank
FAO Office for West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Animal Production and Health Division joined efforts for the organization of two 3-day Training courses on Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) in Ramallah, West Bank. Trainees were livestock specialists with little humanitarian experience and humanitarian specialists with little livestock experience in West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS). They were 44 participants, including 5 women.
The participants will make use of the newly acquired knowledge and skills to address livestock interventions in emergency situations, with a particular emphasis on the WBGS environments and realities.