- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
Inputs distribution in Bangui
On Friday 7 February 2014 tools and seeds were distributed to 760 people, in particular to market gardeners from the Boeing-Bercali-Fontaine area and farmers from the ASECNA area. The distribution took place at FAO headquarters in Bangui with the Chief Minister’s Office of Agriculture, FAO Representative ad interim, the Assistant programme to the FAO Representative and the coordinator of the Food Security Cluster.
The Minister of Agriculture also came by towards the end of the distribution. A bus service was provided by FAO to ensure the beneficiaries’ security during their travel from the site near the airport and back.
The kits were composed of one rake, one watering can, one hoe, 10 g of tomato seeds, 10 g of cabbage seeds, 10 g of onion seeds.