- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions11/04/2016
- Fortalecimiento de la resiliencia en el Corredor Seco Centroamericano de Honduras07/04/2016
- Destocking campaign in Ethiopia15/03/2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston at Fiji29/02/2016
- FAO’s work on Safe Access to Fuel and Energy in Kenya19/02/2016
Aerial locust surveys in Madagascar (April 2014)
The purpose of aerial surveys is to assess the nature and size of adult locust populations in Madagascar, localize the “hotspots” (mapping the most infested areas) in order to forecast their likely movements, decide where the aerial bases should be deployed and to prepare timely control (treatment) operations.