- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Agro-pastoralist course inspires graduates in South Sudan
After eight weeks of intensive learning in the field and the classroom, nineteen South Sudanese graduated from FAO South Sudan’s Agro-Pastoral Master Training Course on 7 June 2014 in Lira, Uganda. The course developed the skills of public and private extension service providers to develop community capacities for enhancing agro-pastoral production for improved food security, resilient livelihoods and better incomes. The Master Trainers will particularly focus on vulnerable — but viable — active agro-pastoralists who depend on agriculture and livestock production.