- Fighting vulnerable farmers’ food insecurity in Haiti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
- Fisheries on the White Nile river in South Sudan27/02/2017
- Farmers and herders in an IDP camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
Agro-pastoralist course inspires graduates in South Sudan
After eight weeks of intensive learning in the field and the classroom, nineteen South Sudanese graduated from FAO South Sudan’s Agro-Pastoral Master Training Course on 7 June 2014 in Lira, Uganda. The course developed the skills of public and private extension service providers to develop community capacities for enhancing agro-pastoral production for improved food security, resilient livelihoods and better incomes. The Master Trainers will particularly focus on vulnerable — but viable — active agro-pastoralists who depend on agriculture and livestock production.