- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Turning the rising tide of hunger in Zimbabwe
Poor productivity in the agriculture sector has contributed to chronic food insecurity in Zimbabwe. This project was funded through the European Union Food Facility as part of the EU's wider policy of moving from food aid to food security in the country.
The video focuses on how the project beneficiaries have moved from poverty and situations of vulnerability to being able to produce more food through a combination of appropriate inputs, well-coordinated extension and regular field visits by the Government's Extension Services and training sessions.