- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
- FAO in Emergencies 2016 Year in Review21/12/2016
- Horn of Africa braces for another hunger season20/12/2016
- FAO Policy Series: Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture14/12/2016
Using conservation agriculture to help Zimbabwe's farmers produce more
Conservation agriculture has become increasingly important as a means for enabling all farmers, particularly those with small land holdings and facing chronic food insecurity, to increase their production in an environmentally sound way that impacts minimally on the natural resource base.
FAO has been working closely with NGOs and small-scale farmers in Zimbabwe to introduce conservation farming techniques and improve food production. The video provides a short overview of what this actually means for Zimbabwe's communal farmers, recounting some of their stories and including the perspectives of FAO staff, NGO staff and the EU Ambassador.