- Building resilience through Needs Assessments in FAO Emergency operation31/08/2016
- Seasons of Hope: Countering an El Niño-induced drought in Ethiopia (Documentary)16/08/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
Emergency support to vulnerable llama producers in the high Andean areas of Bolivia
The video explains how FAO, in close collaboration with Ministries, local authorities and NGO's has supported llamas vulnerable producers belonging to 352 rural communities characterized as areas of low agriculture production, due to their location between 3 500 and 4 700 meters above sea level.
Among the major achievements of the project we find: the construction of semi covered maternity type corrals to protect animals; the vaccination of more than 356 400 llamas and alpacas; the installation of underground greenhouses soaked and tempered by the subsoil; and the distribution of seeds (potatoes, quinoa, broad beans).