- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
Sahel Crisis - A call to action
A food crisis is sweeping across the Sahel. Late, erratic rainfall, high food prices, displacement and chronic poverty have pushed more than 19 million people into food insecurity.
FAO is supporting farmers, pastoralists and agro-pastoralists across the region.