- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
Sahel Crisis - A call to action
A food crisis is sweeping across the Sahel. Late, erratic rainfall, high food prices, displacement and chronic poverty have pushed more than 19 million people into food insecurity.
FAO is supporting farmers, pastoralists and agro-pastoralists across the region.