- FAO Senior Economist explains the situation in Yemen and why assistance is needed15/04/2015
- Lebanon transboundary animal diseases08/04/2015
- Uniting Nations, People and Action for Resilience02/04/2015
- FAO Strategic Objective 527/03/2015
- Remarks of H.E. Anthèlme Ramparany, Madagascar's Minister for Livestock25/03/2015
Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa
Building stronger pastoralist communities in the Horn of Africa - that's the aim of the 5 million Euro project, funded by the European Union and coordinated by the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization.
This is a region that suffers from recurring droughts, making it one of the most food-insecure places in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine. A different approach is needed for these communities to cope with disasters in the future.
This video focuses on a regional cross border project that is working with communities on disaster risk management plans and cross border grazing agreements in Pokot, Kenya and Karamoja, Uganda.